All Saints is a Catholic school of high moral expectations and academic rigor. We offer a quality pre-kindergarten through eighth grade education in a structured, holistic, disciplined, and safe environment.
- We celebrate the love of God, self, and neighbor; living, teaching, and sharing the Gospel message through daily prayers, religious studies, and activities, infusing students with Catholic values and traditions of love, patience, and respect.
- We create a supportive, caring, and nurturing atmosphere, which challenges and enables each student to reach his/her potential by:
- Building on individual strengths
- Developing problem solving skills through critical and analytical thinking
- Providing resources and activities which foster spiritual, intellectual, physical, emotional, and social growth
- We acknowledge and encourage the diversity of cultures and creeds in an effort to foster acceptance and respect for individual differences.
- We involve students, teachers, and parents in the stewardship of environmental, personal, human, and global resources.
- We develop well-informed and conscientious students able to face the moral dilemmas and often difficult issues that will arise in their lives.
All Saints School came into existence in 1982, a merger between St. Elizabeth Parish School and St. Paul’s Parish School. The present building was at one time St. Paul’s School. In 2004, St. Patrick’s merged into All Saints School. Van de Vyver school served students for 50+ years from 1910 to 1969. Some of its families’ subsequent generations have gone on to attend All Saints.
For a combined total of 300 years these four parish schools equipped thousands of young people with the best tools possible to prepare them for their future role as faithful Christians, responsible citizens, productive professionals and caring employees. All Saints is proud to continue this tradition.
- 1866: St. Patrick’s School – Church Hill – Opened/staffed by the Daughters of Charity of St. Vincent De Paul
- 1910: Van de Vyver School of Richmond opened
- 1923: St. Paul’s School – North Avenue – Opened/staffed by the Sisters from Order of St. Benedict
- 1926: St. Paul’s School – moved to Fendall Avenue
- 1930: St. Elizabeth’s School – Highland Park – Opened/staffed by the Daughters of Charity
- 1936: St. Elizabeth’s School – Closed the first time
- 1948: St. Elizabeth’s School – Reopened/staffed by the Sisters of Mercy from Pennsylvania
- 1967: St. Paul’s School – Moved to Noble Avenue in Ginter Park continued to be staffed by the Sisters OSB
- 1969: Van de Vyver School closed
- 1977: St. Paul’s School – No longer staffed by Sisters OSB
- September 7, 1982: – All Saints Catholic School – Merger of St. Elizabeth & St. Paul’s Schools Staffed by the Sisters of Mercy – Principal Sister Betty Pflieger
- 1988: All Saints Catholic School Principal – Sister Janet Delperdang, Sinsinawa Dominican
- 1996: All Saints Catholic School Principal – Ken Soistman, no longer staffed by Nuns
- 2004: St. Patrick’s School merges with All Saints Catholic School
- 2009: First set of students from Segura Program (Hispanic Catholic families) placed at All Saints
- 2009: Diocesan initiative with Catholic Extension and CSM for the 5-year Strategic Management and Development Program (SMDP) begins
- 2013: Ken Soistman becomes President – Wanda Wallin hired as Principal